Hog Island Boat Works
SW 16 Skiff Specifications
- 16′ 4″ Overall Length
- Bottom Width: 54″
- Beam: 78″
- Height at Stem: 27″
- Height at Transom: 20″
- Hull Weight: 480 lbs.
- Rated Carrying Capacity: 5 adults or 1250 lbs persons, motor and gear
- Motor Rating: 40 HP
Our SW 16 Skiff is designed to be very stable side-to-side and tip-to-tail. We want our customers to feel stable and not tippy when leaning over the gunwale, and for them to be comfortable navigating when running under motor. The hull bottom is flat from near the bulkhead to the transom with three raised 1″ ribs. There is a very shallow “v” on our hull bottom, just forward of the bulkhead to cut chop. We have designed our hull to have significant sidewall angle moving forward from mid-ship to the bow. This helps with displacement and stability, and it really helps keep our SW 16 passengers dry when running. The spray from bounce and chop naturally is shed to the side and away. Our SW 16 Skiff is rated for a 40 HP, but it will get on plane with a 15 HP. You should expect for two adults to go 23+ mph with a 25 HP and over 30 mph with a 30 HP.
LTD 16 Drift Boat Specifications
- 16′ Overall Length
- Bottom Width: 54″
- Beam: 81″
- Height at Stem: 41″
- Height at Transom: 31″
- Height at Oar Locks: 21″
- Hull Weight: 450 lbs.
- Rated Carrying Capacity: 4 persons/800 lbs or 960 lbs persons, motor and gear
- 10 HP motor
(Factory note: a 4-6 HP works best, or a 30# thrust trolling motor on glassed-off small lakes)
Get a Quote for an SW16!
- Super tough and quiet rotational molded high-density polyethylene construction
- Raised level fore deck
- Molded-in rear bench with dry storage
- Molded-in bulk head storage
- Molded-in inserts in the fore deck and cockpit for “plug-n-play” mounting of pedestal seats, leaning post, casting platform, bench seating, center console, or coolers
- Molded-in inserts for securing gas tank, battery box, and bulkhead cooler
- Molded-in nonskid texture on the decks
- Reinforced transom motor mount sleeve with heavy duty integrated ergonomic hand grabs
- Reinforced Stainless bow eye system
Get a Quote for an LTD16!
Prices and options subject to change without notice. Make sure to check the “I’m not a robot” box to help us fight spam.